1. OUR DETAILS
"We", "us" and "our" means Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. of 1515 Broadway, New York NY 10036, United States (registered office Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington DE 19808, United States, Tax ID: 20-3696882). If you have any questions or concerns you may contact us as follows:
• for anything connected with MTV, by clicking here and using the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
• for anything in connected with Nickelodeon UK, by clicking here and using the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
• for anything connected with Comedy Central, by clicking here and using the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
2. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in the following ways:
• When you give it to us, for example when you:
• provide information about yourself to register as a user of our online services
• order products or services from us
• opt in to receive any information from us, such as our newsletters or other marketing information
• If it passed to us by our affiliates, partners or other third parties with your consent
4. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information operationally to:
• process any requests or orders for goods or services that you may have requested or purchased
• identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters
• provide you with access to our online services when you register as a user of the same
• to respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties) use your information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
• to communicate with you from time to time by email with updates regarding any account you may have with us or services you have requested from us
• to communicate with you from time to time by email and occasionally by post with our newsletters, information, offers and other material which may interest you (such communications may be sent by third party service providers on our behalf)
• to make your information available from time to time to trusted partners and third parties, for the same purposes as above (which will be in accordance with the privacy policies of such trusted partners and third parties)
• to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used
• to enable us and third parties acting on our behalf to analyse your information, in a non-identifying form, (generally in the form of statistics), so that we can identify trends about usage of our online or other services and improve them
We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information for the purposes set out above may be outside of the European Union and in countries which may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EU.
5. UNSUBSCRIBING/ AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION / NEWSLETTERS
You can amend or remove information you give us via our online services or deactivate your account at any time by contacting us using any of the email contact forms referred to in section 1 of this policy. To unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication).
If you want to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us by using any of the email contact forms referred to in section 1 of this policy and specifying your name and email address and asking for your information to be removed or specifying any questions you may have.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
7. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you consent to such transfer.
This policy was last updated on 12 September 2012.