These are the legal terms that apply when you use the online services at www.vimn.com/press (the “Website”). Please read these terms carefully before using our online services as you will be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms we do not grant you permission to use our online services. If you have any questions you can contact us as set out below.
We may give certain words that are used in these terms a particular meaning which will be set out where these words are featured in bold within inverted commas like this: “words”.
1. OUR DETAILS
"We", "us" and "our" means Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. of 1515 Broadway, New York NY 10036, United States (registered office Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington DE 19808, United States, Tax ID: 20-3696882). If you have any questions or concerns you can contact us as follows:
• for anything connected with MTV, by clicking here and use the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
• for anything in connected with Nickelodeon UK, by clicking here and use the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
• for anything connected with Comedy Central, by clicking here and use the Contact Us link at the foot of the page
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to make changes to these terms in future. For example to reflect changes in the law, changes in the type of services or information we provide to you through this Website or to correct errors in these terms. We will try to keep all such changes to a minimum. We recommend that you check these terms from time to time to see if they have changed. We will always state at the bottom of these terms the date on which they were last updated.
If you continue to use our online services after our terms change you will be bound by those changes.
3. REGISTRATION, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
In order to fully access the online services provided on this Website, you will need to follow the registration process on the Website and log-in. In order to register to use the Website, you must be aged 18 and over and a professional journalist working in the UK and Ireland. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to refuse any application for registration.
When you register you must provide us with true, current and complete information about yourself as set out in the registration form. If you provide any information that is untrue, not current or incomplete (or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that this is the case) we have the right to either suspend or terminate your access to those parts of our online services that require registration.
You must not allow any other person to use your registration details to access the Website and you are entirely responsible for keeping your password and other account details secret. You will be responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify us immediately if you know of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security and to exit from your account at the end of each session.
These security measures are important and we cannot take any responsibility for inconvenience, loss or damage you suffer as a result of failing to comply with them.
4. YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
You must use our online services in a considerate and responsible manner. You are not allowed to use our online services or any content, information or materials provided by us or third parties on this Website (“Material”):
• for any purpose that is against the law;
• for any commercial, advertising or sponsorship purposes;
• in any way that causes our online services to be interrupted, damaged, impaired or rendered less efficient;
• in any way that could damage or disrupt another user's computer;
• for the transmission, uploading or posting of any computer viruses or other harmful files or programs;
• to transmit, upload or post any material;
• in a way which is defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, libellous, pornographic, obscene or menacing or which could cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to anyone else or in a way which is derogatory to us or any other person;
• as a means to threaten, stalk, harass, abuse or insult anyone else;
• to collect personal data about other users (for example to use for “spam”);
• in a way that violates or infringes the rights of anyone else, for example other people’s copyright or right to privacy;
• to create a false identity or to mislead others as to your connection to the Material or to a particular company or person, for example you must not impersonate an MTV employee or another user or company;
• to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials, for example junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other similar materials;
• to make available in any way (for example by linking) any material which would amount to a breach of these terms if you had posted it directly, or which contains any virus or other harmful code, or which may otherwise harm our online services or our computer systems or any third party computer system; or
• in any other way that could reasonably be expected to affect us adversely or reflect negatively on our goodwill, name or reputation.
We provide the online services and the Material on this Website solely for your use in accordance with these terms.
Subject to compliance with these terms, and with any additional terms that we may provide with a particular item of Material (which shall prevail over these terms where the two are in conflict), we grant registered users of the Website a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence in the UK and Ireland only to download and use the Material, on the basis that use of the Material must be solely:
• for editorial purposes;
• in editorial publications which are primarily targeted at people in the UK and Ireland;
• in order to promote the programme or series or event to which the Material relates, save that use of Material relating to one series of a programme in order to promote a subsequent series, prior to Materials relating to that subsequent series being available, shall be permitted;
• during any period of permitted use that we may notify you of (for example, you may only use Materials relating to the EMAs for a period of 12 months from the date on which the awards take place);
• accompanied at all times by such copyright notices, credit information, captions and/or messages relating to the featured programme or event as we may provide with the Material, including without limitation any “tune in” messages; and
• in a way that prohibits any person or third party to do anything which would constitute a breach of these terms.
Material downloaded and used by registered users of the Website must not be altered, adapted or edited in any way. Registered users will cease using, take down and delete all copies of such Material at the end of any period of permitted use and/or if at any time request by us to do so.
The Website and the Material must not be used in any other way or for any other purpose without our express written permission. For example, you are not allowed to copy, transfer, transmit or reverse engineer anything available on our online services or deep-link to and/or frame or use framing techniques to enclose any part of our online services without our prior written consent. Unless we specifically tell you otherwise this restriction also applies to you modifying any Material, for example by making a “mash-up” or other derivative work.
The Material provided by us and other third parties on our online services is protected by intellectual property rights including copyright, designs and trade marks. Nothing in these terms gives you any rights of ownership in the Material and you may only use the Material in accordance with these terms.
5. LEVEL OF SERVICE
We may establish general practices and limits concerning use of our online services, including without limitation, the maximum number of times (and the maximum length of time) you may access our online services in a given period. We have the right to change these general practices and limits from time to time without having to tell you in advance.
We endeavour to provide a satisfactory level of performance for all of our online services. However it is not technically possible or practical for us to provide our online services free of all faults at all times. The Material provided on our online services may include some inaccuracies or typographical errors, which we will endeavour to correct as they come to our notice. Our online services may sometimes be unavailable for technical reasons, for maintenance or for us to make editorial changes. We may also decide at any time to discontinue providing certain of our freely available online services.
We use reasonable efforts to check Material on our online services for viruses, however we do not promise that our online services will be free of viruses or bugs and recommend that you also use care in this regard by using anti-virus software when accessing our online services.
The Website and the Material is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind. Your use of the Website and the Material is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law:
• We expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
• We will not be liable to you (whether as a result of contract law, tort, statutory duty or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from or in any way connected with your use of, or inability to use, our online services, whether foreseeable or not, including without limitation, in respect of any losses:
· that are related to a business or commercial undertaking, including without limitation, loss of business, income, revenue or anticipated savings;
· that are related to loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
· that are suffered by third parties who are not users of our online services;
· that are caused by loss of data, or computer virus;
· in respect of infringement of rights arising as a result of a third party linking to our online services and causing our content to be viewed within the pages of any other website; or
· that are due to your fault, for example if you have provided incorrect information to us, where you erase an element of the online services provided to you or you fail to comply with the instructions for use of our online services as explained by us.
If you have a claim against another user of our online services you will pursue that claim independently and without recourse to us.
We do not in any way seek to limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any loss arising as a result of fraud.
You will be required to compensate us in full for all of our losses caused by your misuse of our online services and/or breach of these terms, including losses we suffer by virtue of someone else bringing a claim against us in respect of such misuse. A misuse of our online services arises if you do not comply with the rules set out in these terms.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our online services may contain links to other websites which are not controlled by us. Any such links are provided solely for your convenience and this does not amount to an endorsement by us of that website or its content. If you use those links you will leave our online services and if you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk. These legal terms only apply to your use of our online services and we cannot be responsible for any content, or products and services available on any other websites as we do not control them.
9. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We have the right to suspend or terminate your access to our online services or any aspect of them if you do not comply with these terms or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are likely to breach them. We will use reasonable efforts to give you reasonable prior notice of our intention to suspend or terminate your access unless your non-compliance is or could be against the law, is adversely affecting other users of our online services or could damage our reputation.
We will comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation from time to time in place in respect of any personal information you submit to us.
You can amend or remove information you give us via our online services at any time. To unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication).
11. COMPLAINTS AND TAKE DOWN
If you want to make a complaint about any of our online services or if you think your or someone else’s intellectual property or other rights have been infringed by our online services you can do so by submitting full details using any of the email contact forms referred to in section 1 of these terms. You should let us know as soon as possible if you receive any complaint about the Material from a third party, providing all relevant details relating to such complaint.
Each provision of these terms is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions of these terms excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these terms or termination or suspension of your access to our online services.
13. NO WAIVER
No waiver of any rights by either you or us will be taken as a waiver of any other rights you or we may have. For example if we waive our rights to complain about a particular breach of these terms by you it does not prevent us from complaining about other breaches.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms are governed by the laws of England and both you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These terms were last updated on 12 September 2012